Total Pageviews

Monday, January 7, 2013

Lesson #3 It's none of my business what other people think of me

Now I have to add a quick note here...I really do care what many people think of me. I work hard to keep their respect, share with them how much I love them, and try to never ever let them down. To be honest, I am sure I rarely meet all those goals, but I keep trying.

But the lesson is to not get stuck or tied to the the thoughts about what others think of me. To learn how to free myself of that worry is the single best habit I have ever developed. I must also let you know it's not a constant thing.

There are moments when I have someone share a bit of gossip or disheartening words about someone else and immediately I am consumed with the thought of gee, if they profess to like that person and they are talking about them in that way, I wonder what they really think and say about me? But it is fleeting...and all too obvious to me that I need to step away first from the gossiper, and then second from the concern of what their opinion of me.

I have seen many times lately a little picture quote on facebook


I keep trying, I accept that I am going to make mistakes, I understand that I will change and other people will too. I forgive myself and others and let go of those things that I cannot change. If I hurt someone and know about it, I will apologize until it is enough.

But in the end, it is still none of my business what someone else thinks of me...so SCORE...I count every day when I can accept all of the above as a day in my WIN column.

No comments:

Post a Comment